The Refrigerator Repair Company has announced the results of a new study designed to help your you lower your families energy costs by making simple changes to your laundry routine. The main key to decreasing energy usage in the laundry room is make certain that both your washing machine and dryer are operating efficiently. Machines that are not properly maintained or that are incorrectly used are forced to operated under pressure and ultimately utilize more energy resources.
The Refrigerator Repair Company offers these safe laundry room tips to help you save on your energy bill:
- When appropriate, wash clothes in cold water. This saves the energy needed to heat the water.
- Wash full loads. Washing machines use about the same amount of energy for all load sizes, so fill up the load to avoid wasting energy.
- Use the high-speed spin cycle, to take moisture out of your clothes resulting in less drying time and more energy saved.
- If you have an older top-loading washing machine, consider converting to a front-loading washer, which uses about 70 percent less water.
- Keep the lint filter clean to maximize air circulation, energy efficiency and to help prevent a potential fire.
- Dry full loads and use the moisture sensor setting. Not only does this save energy, it also protects your clothes from heat damage.
- Keep the dryer’s outside exhaust clean to prevent dryer fires and reduce drying time, which saves energy. Keep the dryer at least four inches away from the wall to prevent kinks or tears from forming in the exhaust vent.
Implementing these simple steps will both lower your energy costs and keep your laundry appliances operating safe and smoothly. A reduced energy bill and repair savings are the huge rewards for making minor changes to your laundry habits.
Refrigerator Repair Authorized Service has been providing reliable, professional and fast appliance Authorized Service since 1994.